Hey! It has been a while since I got to post. Been a crazy few couple of months, and time just seems to be flying by. End of year is always crazy time with Christmas, my birthday, and New Years all in the span of two weeks. Now we have made it a tradition to go to Las Vegas on New Years (Yes I am still working on a post about Vegas, and hope to have it up this week), so the year ends with a lot of running around then going out of town. Then we got back into town and my Grandma ended up in the hospital for a week, so the craziness of the end of year just continued into the beginning of the year. Anyways very happy to finally be getting back to blogging.
Even though my Cowboys were not even close to being in the Super Bowl. Super Bowl Sunday is still one of my favorite days of the year. Best part of Super Bowl Sunday is the food, and should always be a cheat day. Since Jeremy got off shift at 7am Sunday morning thought I would start our day off right, and make a Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake. My Aunt had made this when I went over to do Christmas candy at her house, and I had been wanting to make it just hadn’t had time. She found the recipe on Facebook, and it was so easy.
- 2 tubes refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup maple syrup
- Coat 9x13 glass baking dish with Pam.
- Cut each cinnamon roll into 8 pieces
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla
- Pour mixture over the cinnamon rolls.
- Pour 1 cup of maple syrup over the mixture.
- Bake at 375°F for 25 min.
- Let cool then top with the icing from the cinnamon rolls.