Well it is Monday again 🙁 At least we got to gain an hour this weekend with time change. Hope you had a great weekend. This year is going by so quick. Can’t believe it is already November. That means Thanksgiving and Christmas are nearly here. Not sure about you but this tends to be the time I do my most cooking and baking. Sweet Potato Casserole is pretty much a must to have at your holiday dinner here in Texas, and it has become my go to dish to bring for the holidays.
Found this recipe in a cookbook from my Aunt, and it is always a hit.
- 3 cups – Mashed sweet potatoes
- 1-2 tablespoons – Sugar (to taste)
- 2 – Eggs
- 1 tsp – Vanilla
- 1/2 cup – Milk
- 1/2 cup – Butter, melted
- Topping Ingredients
- 1/2 cup – Brown sugar
- 1/4 cup – Flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons – Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup – Nuts
- Mix sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, vanilla, milk, and melted butter together and pout into greased casserole dish.
- Mix all topping ingredients together until crumbly.
- Top with the topping.
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 30 minutes
What is your go to dish to make for the holidays?