Seems so weird that tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I swear time is just flying by. My cousin shared this Rotel Taco Soup Recipe on her Facebook. She said she had tried it, and it tasted pretty good. The recipe came from Stockpiling Moms
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can black beans, undrained (Bush’s Reduced Sodium Black Beans)
- 1 can white beans, undrained (Bush’s White Kidney Beans)
- 1 can red beans, undrained (Bush’s Kindney Beans)
- 1 can corn, undrained (Libbey’s Natural Sweet Corn)
- 1 taco packet (Williams Taco Seasoning)
- 1 ranch packet (Hidden Valley Ranch)
- 1 lb ground beef, prepared
- 2 cups water
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Shredded cheese (optional)
- Tortilla chips (optional)
- Place tomatoes, cans of beans, corn, ground beef and both packets into crock-pot.
- Add 2 cups water and stir.
- Place lid on crock-pot and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve soup with cheese, sour cream and chips if desired.
In parenthesis I put what I used to make it just to help. You don’t have to use the same one. Would have to say I agree with my cousin this tasted great. Browned my meat the night before so that it would be quicker to put together before work in the morning. Then before work I just put the meat, beans, rotel, ranch, taco seasoning, and water in the crock-pot. When I got home from work it smelled good. I served it with Light Sour Cream, and Fat Free Cheddar Cheese. Then used Baked Tostitos Scoops chips to eat.
Think this is a perfect cold weather meal.
Check out the recipe page for more recipes.
What is your favorite cold weather meal?
Hope you have a Happy & Safe Thanksgiving tomorrow, and eat lots of Turkey!