One of my favorite things to have at Christmas is a slice of Pumpkin Roll for breakfast. This pumpkin roll recipe is from my mom. My mom has made them ever since I can remember. Have been trying for a while to make one, and seemed to always mess it up. Mom always made it look so easy. Excited to say was finally able to make one on my own.
- 3 eggs
- 1 c sugar
- 3/4 c flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 c chopped pecans
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2/3 c pumpkin
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 c powdered sugar
- Beat eggs at high speed for 5 minutes. Add 1 c sugar gradually
- Sift together flour, baking powder, nutmeg, salt, ginger, cinnamon
- Add lemon juice to pumpkin. Fold with other ingredients
- Grease & flour a 15"x10" jelly roll pan. Pour batter into pan. Cover with chopped pecans
- Bake at 370 degrees for 15 minutes
- Let cool 5 - 10 minutes. Sprinkle wax paper with 1/2 c powered sugar. Cover with wax paper. Take rolling pin, roll this out to 1/4" thick. Let cool completely
- Mix together & cream well. Add 1 c powered sugar & mix. Spread filling over cooled cake. Roll & chill for at least 12 hrs. Slice and serve
Personally I keep mine in the fridge cause I like how the icing taste a little chilled. Pumpkin Roll is really good for breakfast with a cup of cider.
Usually I stick with chocolate desserts, but I make an exception for this one.
What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Need ideas for some other holiday recipes check out these recipes.