Ok I confess I was a No-Reply Blogger. What is a No-Reply Blogger you ask? Basically when you comment on a Blogger blog if you are no reply it does not let the blog owner reply to your comment. This is caused by Google +. I was a No Reply Blogger and didn’t even realize it. Wondered why I never got any replies from any of the Blogger blogs I was commenting on. Turns out it was because I was a No Reply Blogger. It was finally pointed out to me, and I fixed it. This week on Tuesday Tutorials wanted to help out the No Reply Bloggers out there, and fix no-reply blogger.
First check your Google + profile to see if you are no-reply blogger
Are you a no-reply blogger?
It is really easy to tell if you are a no-reply blogger.
- Log into your Google profile
- Go to blogger.com, and you will see your Username in top right
- Click on the drop down arrow by your name to see your profile box
Fix No-Reply Blogger
- Click on settings (wheel looking thing you see on the right side under you profile)
- Select “Revert to Blogger profile” (see above image)
- Then Switch to a limited Blogger profile
- Confirm your profile by filling in a Display name you want to show when you reply to a post and then “Continue to Blogger”
- That will take you back to your Dashboard in Blogger. You should now see your profile like this, and now you need to click on Blogger profile
- Once on your profile click on “Edit Profile”
- Make sure that “Show my email address” is checked
That is it! You are now a Reply Blogger! Now when you comment on a Blogger blog the owner will be able to reply back to you.
If you do this leave me a comment below and let me know how it works. Feel free to send me any questions you might have either via social media or in comments below.