Well unfortunately we are back to a Monday 🙁 Swear the weekends are way to short. Was going through recipes this weekend, and realized I had forgot to repost this recipe when I lost all my old post. Thought it was worth reposting, so here you go.
For a while Jeremy has subscribed to Men’s Health Magazine. He found this chicken cacciatore recipe in the magazine and wanted to give it a try. Figured why not it looked good, and was low in calorie. When we ate it we put it on a bed of rice as you can see in the photo.
- 4 - 8 oz chicken breast, diced into cubes
- 1 - cup onion, diced
- 1 - cup green pepper, diced
- 3 - cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 - 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 - 14 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 - 4.5 oz can tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tsp basil
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 - cloves garlic, minced
- Coat a deep skillet with spray and place over medium heat
- Once the pan is hot, add chicken and cook 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally until cooked through
- Add in remaining ingredients and simmer for 1 hour
i have not had this in AGES! this is an awesome recipe that looks o yummy. perfect for these cool days here in atlanta!! thanks for sharing this with us.
ellesees.net recently posted…Story Behind the Pic: November
Yes it does. Hope your staying warm. You’re welcome 🙂
GiGi Eats says
PERFECTION! All clean and healthy and allergen-friendly ingredients – for me at least! 😀
GiGi Eats recently posted…The Unicorn of Pumpkin Pies
Haley Bradley says
Looks amazing! I love simple dinners like this. Would love to see how to retrieve archive….
Haley Bradley recently posted…Parents: Are You Being an Excellent Leader?
Thank you! I will post how to do that next week 🙂