If you follow my Instagram (which I hope you do) you have probably noticed me posting lots of pictures of my Rustic Cuffs.
- Flip Flops – During the summer I pretty much live in flip flops. Easy to slip on and carry around when at the pool or lake. These glitter flip flops are super comfy for walking around in. They run true to size, and come in tons of cute styles. Check out the Glitter Flip Flop site to see the other styles.
- Swim Suit – To me summer means pools, lakes, and beaches to beat this Texas heat. With that being said swim suit is a must. Victoria Secret usually runs a great sale for some cheap swim suits if you keep your eye out. I ended up buying 3 from them before we went to Punta Cana, cause they were such a good deal. They even do free shipping, so if it is not in store you can get online.
- Tank Top – Lately I have been in love with my Ruffles with Love tanks when working out. They are comfortable, look great, and move with you when working out. Liked them so much I made it my reward for working out. Told myself if I could make myself workout at least 3-4 days a week for a month I would get a new one. Had a hard time choosing one cause they have so many different ones I liked. You can even personalize them. Decided to go with one to represent my favorite sports team.
- Hat – When you are going to lake or beach during summer hats are great for keeping sun out of your eyes, and protecting your head from getting sun burnt. This fedora I got at Guess outlet has been going with me on our last few summer vacations.
- Sunglasses – My favorite shades right now are my Far Out Sunglasses. Affordable, and come is all sorts of fun styles & colors. If you watch the site they will usually run free shipping on Fridays. I am now on my second pair with these blue ones, and already have my eye on the red ones to maybe get next.
What are you favorite summer essentials for beating the heat?
We have been going on a lot of trips lately, and had a lot going on. Will try to do a catch up post soon, so hope you come back to check it out.
For a while now I have been obsessed with Olay Fresh Effects Dew Over Hydrating Gel Moisturizer. I use Olay Fresh Effects every morning, cause I just love the refreshing burst it gives your face. It even goes with me when I travel like I mentioned in this post. A couple of months back I found out they were discontinuing Olay Fresh Effects Dew Over.
Don’t you hate it when that happens?
Ever since I found out I have been on the look out for something similar to replace it. Finally found a forum with some people talking about possible alternatives to Olay Fresh Effects Dew Over. One the forum mentioned was Clean & Clear Hydrating Gel Moisturizer. It took me a while to find the Clean & Clear in a store near me. I checked, CVS, Market Street, Kroger, and finally found at Walmart. Been using it for a few months now so wanted to share my thoughts.
Water/Eau, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Loniceria Japnoica Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl AcetateAluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Glycereth-25 Pca Isostearet, Acrylates/C10-30 Akly Acrylate, Crosspolymer, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldmethyltairate Copolymer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Allanton, Fragrance/Parfum, Methylparaben, Titanium Ioxide, Laureth-7, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Disodium Edta, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Silica, Ammonium Polyacrylate, Green 5, Yellow 5
Clean & Clear
Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethiconol, Sorbitan Olivate, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Fragrance, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Laureth-7 Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, C12-14 Pareth-12, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Fruit Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Green 5, Blue 1, Yellow 5.
Looking at the ingredients you can tell they share a lot of same ingredients. Clean & Clear is even cheaper than Olay, which is a HUGE plus. Would have to say if you would like Olay I don’t think you would be disappointed with Clean & Clear as a dupe or alternative now that Olay has been discontinued.
If you want to find Clean & Clear you can find it probably at your local Walmart or order on Amazon
Clean & Clear Morning Burst Hydrating Gel Moisturizer, 3 Oz.
The forum did also mentioned the new Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel as an alternative. Have not tried it yet mainly due to the price. If you have tried it leave me a comment below, and let me know what you think.
NOTE: This is not a sponsored post all opinions are my own
Ok it is game day, and you are heading to your favorite sporting event. The big question is what do I wear? Do I wear my favorite teams jersey, or a cotton shirt that is not that flattering? Let me give you a suggestion Gameday Couture!Get game day ready with Gameday Couture Click To Tweet
How I Heard about Gameday Couture
Was watching my favorite show Shark Tank , and Gameday Couture was one of the companies pitching to the sharks. Gameday Couture’s pitch was they were developing unique, fashion forward, but also wearable, game day apparel and accessories. The line they had was focusing on college. The apparel they showed was flattering, and just really different from anything I had seen. I was immediately hooked. Then I got super excited when Mark Cuban invested in the company, and told them they had to come up with some clothes for the Dallas Mavericks. Cuban said his wife had always told him they needed something more flattering for women to wear to games. As soon as the show ended I was looking online to see if they had come up with the Dallas Mavericks shirts yet, and it said coming soon. After waiting a while I was able to finally order a shirt.
When the shirt came in I was blown away. The shirt looked even better in person than it did online. The attention to detail on the shirts is awesome. They really just stand out. Definitely not your regular cotton shirt or jersey. Not sure if you can see in the pic but the gray is even a gray leopard print. Then the sleeves have just a little bling, and a little bling on the front.
As soon as I got the shirt I could not wait to go to a Maverick game to wear it. This weekend I finally got that chance.
While we were at the American Airlines Center for the game I looked, and the fan shop even has a section now with Gameday Couture. Was loving the shirt so much I ended up buying another one.
Gameday Courture has now expanded from college to NBA. They have so many cute styles, and carry most college or NBA teams. Check out the website to see all they carry. If you follow them on instagram or signup for the newsletter they will let you know about sales, and send you discount codes.
**Disclaimer: This is not a paid product review. All opinions in the post are my own**
Got an email from Ulta late Sunday night they had my favorite products on sale the Urban Decay Naked On the Run Palette, so of course I had to go pick it up. Ran to Ulta on my lunch break, and while I was at Ulta ended up picking up a few other things. Thought I would share what I picked up in my mini Ulta Beauty Haul.
If you follow me on Instagram you got the sneak peak at the haul.
Ulta Beauty Haul
First thing I picked up was of course the Naked On the Run Palette by Urban Decay. Mentioned this palette before when I shared What is in my Travel Makeup Bag. I have been in love with this palette since I got it as a Christmas gift from my mom. Use it on a regular basis, and it is a life savor when traveling. The colors are so warm, and pretty. Have never seen this palette on sale like this, so I just could not pass up. Ulta even let me use my 20% off coupon I got for being a Platinum member, so the palette ended up only being $27 SCORE!!! Since it was such a good deal I picked up a extra to probably use as a Christmas gift. The other thing I ended up picking up was the Urban Decay Smoky Palette. Have had my eye on this palette for a while. Was so excited about picking it up I tried it out as soon as I got home. It comes with a great guide to four different some smoky eye looks. Found a You Tube video to demonstrate the looks, so I tried to recreate the Daytime Neutral Smokey Eye. Posted on Instagram how my first attempt turned out.
First impression of this palette is I think it will be a good one. Has a great range of shimmery colors, and matte colors. Seems like it will be pretty versatile palette to use. Might even start using this one more than my Naked 2. Going to play with it some more to see what other looks I like. Maybe I can find a look I can do for work that is real quick since I have to get up for work so early.
Hopefully this was helpful. What beauty products have you been wanting to try out lately?
Sorry this was not my usual Tuesday Tutorial but I promise to have a new one next week.
Traveling is one of my favorite things to do, and we try to travel as often as possible. Since I just got back from my trip to Hawaii I thought I’d give you a peek at what makeup I took along with me on the trip.
So What’s in my Travel Makeup Bag??
Face: Ulta Fabulous Face Foundation Primer, BAREMINEARALS Complexion Rescue, Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment Concealer
Cheeks & Eyes: Urban Decay Naked on the Run Palette, Urban Decay Eye shadow Primer Potion
Lips: Urban Decay Naked Lip Gloss, Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Stick, Smith’s Rosebud Salve Balm
Brushes: Real Techniques Contour Brush, Eye shadow brush from Naked Palette
- The Naked on the Run Palette is just perfect for traveling. Pretty much all the makeup you need including lip gloss all in an easy to carry hard case.
- Besides just makeup I do take the products for my Nighttime Skin Care Routine to take care of my skin.
- Also have to take my Olay Fresh Effects Dew Over! Hydrating Gel Facial Moisturizer because it is a must for me in the mornings. It is like a wake up for your face in the morning with its refreshing coolness.
What do you like to take in your travel makeup bag? Let me know below! I always love hearing other products to try!
I hope you enjoyed this peek into my travel makeup bag! If there is anything here you would like me to elaborate on or review, let me know!