If you follow my Instagram (which I hope you do) you have probably noticed me posting lots of pictures of my Rustic Cuffs.
- Flip Flops – During the summer I pretty much live in flip flops. Easy to slip on and carry around when at the pool or lake. These glitter flip flops are super comfy for walking around in. They run true to size, and come in tons of cute styles. Check out the Glitter Flip Flop site to see the other styles.
- Swim Suit – To me summer means pools, lakes, and beaches to beat this Texas heat. With that being said swim suit is a must. Victoria Secret usually runs a great sale for some cheap swim suits if you keep your eye out. I ended up buying 3 from them before we went to Punta Cana, cause they were such a good deal. They even do free shipping, so if it is not in store you can get online.
- Tank Top – Lately I have been in love with my Ruffles with Love tanks when working out. They are comfortable, look great, and move with you when working out. Liked them so much I made it my reward for working out. Told myself if I could make myself workout at least 3-4 days a week for a month I would get a new one. Had a hard time choosing one cause they have so many different ones I liked. You can even personalize them. Decided to go with one to represent my favorite sports team.
- Hat – When you are going to lake or beach during summer hats are great for keeping sun out of your eyes, and protecting your head from getting sun burnt. This fedora I got at Guess outlet has been going with me on our last few summer vacations.
- Sunglasses – My favorite shades right now are my Far Out Sunglasses. Affordable, and come is all sorts of fun styles & colors. If you watch the site they will usually run free shipping on Fridays. I am now on my second pair with these blue ones, and already have my eye on the red ones to maybe get next.
What are you favorite summer essentials for beating the heat?
We have been going on a lot of trips lately, and had a lot going on. Will try to do a catch up post soon, so hope you come back to check it out.
For a while now I have been obsessed with Olay Fresh Effects Dew Over Hydrating Gel Moisturizer. I use Olay Fresh Effects every morning, cause I just love the refreshing burst it gives your face. It even goes with me when I travel like I mentioned in this post. A couple of months back I found out they were discontinuing Olay Fresh Effects Dew Over.
Don’t you hate it when that happens?
Ever since I found out I have been on the look out for something similar to replace it. Finally found a forum with some people talking about possible alternatives to Olay Fresh Effects Dew Over. One the forum mentioned was Clean & Clear Hydrating Gel Moisturizer. It took me a while to find the Clean & Clear in a store near me. I checked, CVS, Market Street, Kroger, and finally found at Walmart. Been using it for a few months now so wanted to share my thoughts.
Water/Eau, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Loniceria Japnoica Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl AcetateAluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Glycereth-25 Pca Isostearet, Acrylates/C10-30 Akly Acrylate, Crosspolymer, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldmethyltairate Copolymer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Allanton, Fragrance/Parfum, Methylparaben, Titanium Ioxide, Laureth-7, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Disodium Edta, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Silica, Ammonium Polyacrylate, Green 5, Yellow 5
Clean & Clear
Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethiconol, Sorbitan Olivate, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Fragrance, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Laureth-7 Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, C12-14 Pareth-12, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Fruit Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Green 5, Blue 1, Yellow 5.
Looking at the ingredients you can tell they share a lot of same ingredients. Clean & Clear is even cheaper than Olay, which is a HUGE plus. Would have to say if you would like Olay I don’t think you would be disappointed with Clean & Clear as a dupe or alternative now that Olay has been discontinued.
If you want to find Clean & Clear you can find it probably at your local Walmart or order on Amazon
Clean & Clear Morning Burst Hydrating Gel Moisturizer, 3 Oz.
The forum did also mentioned the new Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel as an alternative. Have not tried it yet mainly due to the price. If you have tried it leave me a comment below, and let me know what you think.
NOTE: This is not a sponsored post all opinions are my own
Covered Why you should be using Bloglovin’ in a prior Tuesday Tutorial, and now I want to show you how to organize blogs in Bloglovin’. Organizing your blogs in Bloglovin’ makes it so much easier to keep up with your favorite blogs, and is probably my favorite feature of Bloglovin’.
How to Organize Bloglovin’
- Click on Edit Blogs you Follow
- Click Create Group
- Create a Name for the Group
- Click Change Group next to the blog you want to add to a group, and select the Group you want to add it that groups
- Repeat Step 4 for all the blogs you want to add to the group
- Create all the groups you would like to use, and assign blogs to those groups
Viola! You now have your Bloglovin’ account all organized. When you go to your feed from now on you will see these groups and can start going group to group reading your favorite blogs.
Are you using Bloglovin?Steps for how to organize your blogs on Bloglovin' Click To Tweet
Comment below to let me know if you do or have any questions.
Would you like to see something on a future Tuesday Tutorial? Just fill out this form.
My mom found this recipe for Pull-Apart Garlic Rolls on Facebook. She made some, and they turned out amazing. After I tried them told her I wanted the recipe cause they were so good. She said she did make a couple of changes to the recipe she found. They are similar to the rolls you get at Red Lobster.
- 1 tube refrigerated biscuits
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- Preheat oven 375°F and coat muffin tin
- Cut biscuits into fourths, and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the butter, garlic, parsley, parmesan and mozzarella, and mix with your hands, coating all of the biscuit pieces.
- Place the pieces in a muffin tin, 3 pieces per tin (you’ll have 2 extra—just use them in whichever tin you want).
- Bake for 15 minutes.
These taste best fresh out of the oven, but you can also heat up later.Recipe for Pull-Apart Garlic Rolls Click To Tweet
What recipes have you tried from Facebook?